Wednesday 11 May 2011

Self Indulgent Fergie - Whinging again!

Oprah Winfrey talks with Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, about the royal wedding (AP)

The Duchess of York said not being invited to Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding was "so difficult" for her to cope with. In an television interview with chat show host Oprah Winfrey, Sarah Ferguson revealed she spent April 29 in Thailand.

Her ex-husband the Duke of York, who accompanied their daughters Beatrice, 22, and Eugenie, 21, to Westminster Abbey, made her feel part of the occasion by talking to her on the telephone. Asked how hurt she felt by the snub, the 51-year-old former royal replied: "It was so difficult. Because I wanted to be there with my girls ... and to be getting them dressed and to go as a family. "And it was also hard because the last bride up that aisle was me."

Sarah, who was filmed offering an undercover reporter access to the Duke of York for £500,000 last year, said she did not feel ostracised by the lack of an invite. But she added: "I felt that I ostracised myself by my behaviour, by the past, by living with all the regrets of my mistakes, that I sort of wore a hair shirt and beat myself up most of the day thinking and regretting why did I make such a mistake? "Why have I made so many mistakes? So I did spend a good three hours on that."

In the interview, to be broadcast in the US, she said while in Camelia, Thailand, on the day of the wedding, she spent "all morning" talking to Andrew. "He was saying, 'It's okay. Just remember we had such a good day. Our wedding was so perfect'. Because we're such a unit together. He made me feel very part of the day on April 29."

No comments:

Post a Comment